Mojito Madness

Thursday, May 16, 2013
This polish name definitely goes well with this week: The madness of this week makes a mojito sound really nice right about now!

Grad school has been a whirlwind to say the least. All of the projects, assignments, and tests seem to be right around the corner and a textbook crisis has already occurred. But no worries, I am in the process of getting organized and will hopefully have one assignment that is looming over me completed by the end of the day.

My sister got me this polish for graduation. It's called Essie Mojito Madness. I don't usually wear greens on my nails unless it is in the mint family, but this color is really nice. Definitely a bold color and one that people will notice you wearing. The formula was awesome! It went on so smoothly and did a very nice job settling when my strokes weren't exactly even. I used a base coat, 2 coats of color, and a top coat to get the look you see below.

Photo taken in natural lighting

Photo taken inside with artificial lighting
In honor of Pantone naming Emerald as the color of the year, All Lacquered Up has started "Emerald Madness" where you can vote for the best green polishes. It is set up bracket style like the NCAA March Madness Tournament. So if you are a green polish lover, stay up to date and go vote :)

Now back to doing homework while trying to resist looking up wedding vendors (It is just so much more fun). Have a great weekend!

Loyally Lacquered,
Caitlin


5 comments:

Em Polish Paradise said...

I have this and I haven't actually tried it yet but I think I might have to now! :P

The Perfectly Polished Life said...

Yea, not a color I would have normally picked. It looks great when paired with a navy outfit!

Jenni said...

This looks very close to Revlon Posh! It's a gorgeous green. I love these kelly greens with navy blue too!

Unknown said...

This is probably my all time favorite green. I love the name and the color is perfect.

The Perfectly Polished Life said...

I totally agree Racquel! I didn't think I would like it but I definitely do.

Post a Comment