Best Blog Award Nominee

Wednesday, April 10, 2013
I probably should be doing homework, but I was so flattered when Erin from ErinZi's Nails nominated me for the Best Blog Award that I had to post today! So this is how it works: The person who nominates you asks you 11 questions that you answer. So below are my questions and their answers. Then I'll nominate my picks for the Best Blog Award and ask them 11 questions!

My 11 Questions are:
1. Where are you from?
Florida- The Sunshine State!

2. How often do you do your nails?
I paint my nails about once a week, usually on the weekend but if I know there is a special occasion I will paint them the day before that event. If I notice they start to chip I’ll take the polish of because I hate when the polish is chipped.

3. What's your favorite nail art? tape, detailed, water marble, etc.
I haven’t really gotten into nail art to be honest but since I started my blog I just want to try everything! I just purchased white chevron nail stickers from Make It Stick Designs and I'm so excited to try them! When I look at other blogs that have nail art, I love the details that come from stamping tools, especially when there is a gradient in the pattern.

4. What was your first polish?
Oh gosh, this is tough and I had to bring out the polish box to remember. I’m pretty sure my first polish was OPI Suzi and the Lifeguard. I think I bought it to wear to my high school graduation.

5. What color of polish do you have the most? Is it your favorite color?
It’s a pretty even tie between purple, pink, and nude. Purple is my favorite color so that’s probably why I have so many shades of it. I’m not a big fan of pink for everyday wear but it’s great for professional situations or when you don’t want all the attention on your nails. Most of my pinks are either very soft or very bright. And then I was on a nude polish kick for a while so I think that’s how I accumulated so many of those.

6. What do you usually do at weekends?
On the weekend I usually visit with my family, take a run, or catch up on some school work. Oh and don’t forget Sunday night chapter meetings #sorority girl.  I also spend time with my boyfriend. We were actually just talking yesterday about when I would mention him on my blog- he was sad he wasn’t in my “About Me.” He then proceeded to come up with aliases so I wouldn’t use his real name- he’s crazy, I know! I’ll get back to you all when he decides on the proper alias :) 

7. Top three favorite polishes.
This is hard! I’ll just go with what I’m liking currently since it always changes so frequently.
Essie Go Ginza- It’s a pale purple that is pretty and delicate.
OPI MonSooner or Later- A bright red- perfect to draw attention to your nails. My go-to color for the summer months                                                                
Essie Mint Candy Apple- Mint is so in right now so it is definitely a must-have color

8. How did you start blogging?
I literally started blogging about a week ago. I decided once I graduate that I would need something to do with my free time. I am moving on the graduate school but the idea of reading textbooks all the time scares me so I wanted to add something fun to my routine. I love nail polish so I figured there would be no better thing to talk about.

9. Recommend five fav nail blogs

10. How long have you been into nails and how did you get into it?
I have been into painting my nails for almost two years. A little over a year ago I was erving as the President of my sorority chapter and was so busy I barely had any time for myself. Painting my nails was my 30 minutes of relaxtion because I literally cannot move because I avoid smudges at all costs. 

11. What's your most hated nail art trend?
I don’t really dislike anything currently. I love looking at the designs everyone comes up with! I can say that when crackle polish was in I did not like it at all. I think the idea is cool and I’m all about new types of polish,  but not one of my favorites.


My Nominees for the Best Blog Award

And your questions to answer are right here:
1. Where are you from?
2. Why did you start writing a blog?
3. What is the best top coat in your opinion?
4. What is your favorite polish for Spring?
5. What are your top 5 favorite polishes?
6. What is your favorite brand of polish?
7. Favorite hobby? Other than painting your nails.
8. What is a blogging tip you would offer to new bloggers?
9. What is your favorite polish trend?
10. Whose posts do you look forwards to reading every week?
11. What is your favorite post you have done thus far?

This post was tons of fun! Check back later this week for a review of an awesome Essie product I purchased this week!

Thanks so much again to Erin of ErinZi's Nails for nominating me. Go check out her page!

0 comments:

Post a Comment